Phone: 01782 478963
To request a review copy of any of Russell’s books, email . Please indicate which book you are interested in, and your preferred format.
Russell Phillips writes books and articles about military technology and history. Born and brought up in a mining village in South Yorkshire, he has lived and worked in South Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Cumbria and Staffordshire. His articles have been published in Miniature Wargames, Wargames Illustrated, and the Society of Twentieth Century Wargamers’ Journal. He has been interviewed for the American edition of The Voice of Russia. He currently lives in Stoke-on-Trent with his wife and two children.
Award-winning author of military technology and history. Originally from South Yorkshire, now living in Stoke on Trent.
Five Fun Facts About Russell
- Russell proposed to his wife on Hadrian’s Wall
- He is fascinated by maps, and has contributed data to OpenStreetMap
- Russell took part in a historical education project at Southsea Castle for several years
- He once sold three-armed teddy bears for the Hitch-Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy fan club
- In 2015, Russell and his son cut off their hair to raise money for children still suffering from the Chernobyl disaster
- A Damn Close-Run Thing won a gold star in the e-Book Cover Design Awards in February 2014
- This We’ll Defend won a gold star in the e-Book Cover Design Awards in October 2013
- Red Steel won the e-Book Cover Design Award for Non-Fiction in March 2013
- A Fleet in Being won the Military Non-Fiction category of the 2012 Global Ebook Awards